Remote possibility: I've had issues with org-mode being slow when using linum-mode in the past: E.g., http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5229705/emacs-org-mode-turn-off-line-numbers So you might want to make sure that's not enabled. On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Karl Voit writes: > > > However, my (long) Org-mode files with the performance issues is not > > a situation I am satisfied. Last week I presented Org-mode at a > > Linuxdays-event here in Graz and I had to apologize for all the > > weird behavior. This was somewhat embarrassing :-( > > Does this happen on stable branch? > > > Sure. After a couple of minutes, I C-g and this is the output: > > http://paste.grml.org/1898/ > > Would the following patch improve the situation? > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >