Hi, On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote: > Guido Van Hoecke writes: > > Hu Giudo, > > > When executing the awk script written by Eric S. Fraga at > > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html I get > > following error: > > > > /usr/bin/awk: calling undefined function gensub > > source line number 82 > > > > This is on an iMac with 'awk version 20070501'. > > > > Is this outdated or so? > > gensub is a GNU awk extension. So either you are running a different > flavor of awk, or you are running it in compatibility mode (Option -c or > --traditional). Given the version string, I guess it's another flavor. > The easiest way to get GNU awk on mac is probably to install homebrew(or macports ) first. In case of homebrew you can run: ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/mxcl/homebrew/go)" brew update brew install gawk regards, Henning