There is an apparent bug when using the ID property to refer to cells in remote tables, which is currently the only way to refer to a table in an external file. This is illustrated in the attached org file. In brief, the bug is triggered by any ID that contains a sequence matching the regexp "-[A-Z]+[0-9]+-", which org wants to interpret as a spreadsheet-style cell reference. Also, it would be more user friendly if CUSTOM_ID properties could also be used in this way. Would that be easy to implement? Will On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Arun, > > Arun Persaud writes: > > > thanks for the answer. It would be nice to be able to reference tables > > in other files easily though, so some form of : would > > be great for the remote call. Is there some special ref syntax that > > could be used here? > > remote(NAME-OR-ID,REF) > > describes a reference to a table in a section, possibly in a different > file, and the ID property is probably more stable than a filename, so > I'd argue that what we have is enough. > > -- > Bastien > > -- Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia