Hi, I am trying to write my thesis using org-mode and followed this thread: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2007-12/msg00034.html. But instead of putting everything in one file, I was creating one file for each chapter with the assumption that like LaTeX I should be able to combine them in one master file. I am able to export each chapter individually into PDF. I tried to include them in the master file as this: #+include "~/Documents/thesis/introduction.org" #+include "~/Documents/thesis/chapter1.org" #+include "~/Documents/thesis/chapter2.org" #+include "~/Documents/thesis/discussion.org" but when I tried to export the master file, I get error messages on figures that I created using tikz package (topbot is a shape I define using tikz): ----8<------->8----- Latexmk: Reference `fig:figure1' on page 18 undefined ... ... ! Package pgfkeys Error: I do not know the key '/tikz/topbot' and I am going to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it. ----8<------->8----- I have the same LaTeX headers in each file. I tried moving it to the top of the master file but that did not help. Concatenating all the files into one sort-of works but when I replaced biblatex' \printbibliography[heading=none] at the end of each file with \newrefsection[biliographyfile] in the combined file, the reference sections become empty. Is there a nice way to combine multiple org-files that I am missing? Thanks, Subha