Hi, I use "degenerate" inlinetasks (without an "*** END" line) quite a lot (for example for "coding" snippets in my orgqda package https://git.sr.ht/~andersjohansson/orgqda/). Degenerate inlinetasks are stated as allowed in the documentation at the beginning of org-inlinetask.el, but are maybe not so common since org-inlinetask-insert-task always inserts the END-line. Since April, an infinite loop is caused when cycling an entry containing degenerate inlinetasks by commit: 5f184b org-inlinetask.el: Fix visibility cycling for inlinetasks Sample for reproducing: ----- * Heading *************** Degenerate inlinetask ----- Cycling "Heading" will call org-inlinetask-hide-tasks where the last calls in the loop of `inlinetask-goto-end` takes us to the line below the inlinetask, but `backward-char` takes us back to the point at the end of the inlinetask, so `inlinetask-at-task-p` is still t and the loop continues infinitely in this fashion. I don’t have a good suggestion for a solution that would still solve the problem addressed in that commit. Best, Anders Johansson