Hoi, Org special block names (within Org) appear to be case-insensitive. That is, I can write either: #+BEGIN_NOTES ... #+END_NOTES or #+begin_notes ... #+end_notes and Org is happy. I think the switch from Org 8 to 9 changed the default templates to insert lower-case blocks instead of upper case blocks, so it's natural now to have files that contain a mix of both cases. This is a problem for HTML export, as they get converted to:
or
depending on the original case of the special block in the .org file. HTML class element values are case sensitive in non-quirks mode browsers, so this makes existing CSS for content exported by Org fail, as div.NOTES { ... } does not match a
. A quick local fix is: (defun my/downcase-special-block (ohsb special-block contents info) (let ((special-block-copy (org-element-copy special-block))) (org-element-put-property special-block-copy :type (downcase (org-element-property :type special-block))) (funcall ohsb special-block-copy contents info))) (advice-add #'org-html-special-block :around #'my/downcase-special-block) But I wanted to raise this in case there was any interest in a more general solution (perhaps a configuration option to either (a) retain case (current behaviour), (b) convert to lower case, (c) convert to upper case? N