* Formatting text in org-mode
@ 2012-12-11  9:19 Rodolfo Aramayo
From: Rodolfo Aramayo @ 2012-12-11  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Genetic genotypes follow strict rules

In org-mode, writing: /matA^HMG/ would be incorrect because the superscript
'HMG' should NOT be italics

If however I were to write: /matA/^HMG the result is not what I expected

The only way to get the correct conversion is to write: /matA/ ^HMG, which
despite displaying correctly is of course incorrect because of the space
between the 'matA' and the 'HMG'

so How can I write: /matA/^HMG in a way that can be properly displayed?

Is this possible?

Thanks

--R

* Formatting Text in Org-mode
@ 2012-12-11  9:23 Rodolfo Aramayo
From: Rodolfo Aramayo @ 2012-12-11  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Genetic genotypes follow strict rules

In org-mode, writing: /matA^HMG/ would be incorrect because the superscript
'HMG' should NOT be italics

If however I were to write: /matA/^HMG the result is not what I expected

The only way to get the correct conversion is to write: /matA/ ^HMG, which
despite displaying correctly is of course incorrect because of the space
between the 'matA' and the 'HMG'

so How can I write: /matA/^HMG in a way that can be properly displayed?

Is this possible?

Thanks

--R

* Re: Formatting Text in Org-mode
@ 2012-12-12 14:37 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-12 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodolfo Aramayo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rodolfo,

Rodolfo Aramayo <raramayo@gmail.com> writes:

> In org-mode, writing: /matA^HMG/ would be incorrect because the
> superscript 'HMG' should NOT be italics

The new exporter handles this correctly.

If you installed Org from http://orgmode.org/org-7.9.2.tar.gz
add the contrib/ directory to your load-path then

(require 'org-export)
(require 'org-e-latex)

and M-x org-e-latex-export-to-latex in the Org buffer.

Otherwise wait for Org 8.0 to be released.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Formatting Text in Org-mode