* Formatting Superscript and Italics Text in Org-mode
@ 2014-04-27  3:03 Rodolfo Aramayo
From: Rodolfo Aramayo @ 2014-04-27  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mode

Writing Genetic phenotypes in Org-Mode I am running into the following
problem:

When I issue a set of commands that combine Italics and/or superscript I do
not get expected behavior

1. /Asm-1/ <==EXPECTED

2. Asm-1^+ <==NOT EXPECTED

3. /Asm-1/^+ <==NOT EXPECTED

4. /Asm-1/^5 <==NOT EXPECTED

5. Asm-1^5 <==EXPECTED

6. /Asm-1/ ^+ <==NOT EXPECTED

7. /Asm-1/ ^5 <==NOT EXPECTED

8. /Asm-1/_+_ <==NOT EXPECTED

9. /matA^HMG/ <==EXPECTED

10. /asm-1^+/ <==NOT EXPECTED

Please help/advice

--Rodolfo

[-- Attachment #2: orgmodetest.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 5777 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: orgmodetest.org --]

#+TITLE: OrgModeTest.Org

--------
1. /Asm-1/

2. Asm-1^+

3. /Asm-1/^+

4. /Asm-1/^5

5. Asm-1^5

6. /Asm-1/ ^+

7. /Asm-1/ ^5

8. /Asm-1/_+_

9. /matA^HMG/

10. /asm-1^+/
------

# +BEGIN_VERSE
--------
1. /Asm-1/

2. Asm-1^+

3. /Asm-1/^+

4. /Asm-1/^5

5. Asm-1^5

6. /Asm-1/ ^+

7. /Asm-1/ ^5

8. /Asm-1/_+_

9. /matA^HMG/

10. /asm-1^+/
------
# +END_VERSE

* Re: Formatting Superscript and Italics Text in Org-mode
@ 2014-04-27  3:34 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-04-27  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rodolfo Aramayo <raramayo@gmail.com> writes:

> Writing Genetic phenotypes in Org-Mode I am running into the following problem:
>
> When I issue a set of commands that combine Italics and/or superscript I do not get expected behavior
>
> 1. /Asm-1/ <==EXPECTED
>
> 2. Asm-1^+ <==NOT EXPECTED

Try
        Asm-1^{+}

> 3. /Asm-1/^+ <==NOT EXPECTED

This can work I believe (with curly braces around the +) but it requires
munging org-emphasis-regexp-components to allow the caret as a postmatch
character. Untested.

> 4. /Asm-1/^5 <==NOT EXPECTED

Ditto.

> 5. Asm-1^5 <==EXPECTED