From: Justin Gordon <justin.gordon@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Yoshinari Nomura <nom@quickhack.net>
Subject: Advice on cleaning (DRYing) up my publishing list (revised)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 00:04:23 -1000	[thread overview]

(prior version had error in unwrapping lists)

Lisp gurus, here is my feeble attempt at DRYing out my
org-publish-project-alist.

I'm setting up an octopress publishing system for several blogs, so my list
might grow and I'd like to avoid duplication

* Please advise on how I may make this cleaner and clearer. Original is at
bottom.
* And is there a better way than using the publishing settings for things
like with-toc?
* Does recursive still work for 8.2?
* Would this be better done with some sort of macros?

Thanks so much in advance!

(setq my-common-octopress-settings
      '(:base-extension "org"
                        :with-toc nil
                        :with-sub-superscript nil
                        :recursive t
                        :publishing-function org-jekyll-publish-to-html
                        :headline-levels 4
                        :body-only t))

(setq my-static-directories '("about" "meta" "tips"))
(setq my-base-directory "~/a/railsonmaui-octopress/source")

(defun my-create-octopress-static (prj base-directory)
         (let* (
                (base-dir (concat base-directory "/" prj))
                (prj-list (append (list :base-directory base-dir
                                              :publishing-directory
base-dir)
                            my-common-octopress-settings))
                )
           (cons prj prj-list)))

(setq my-var (mapcar '(lambda (prj)
                        (my-create-octopress-static prj my-base-directory))
        my-static-directories))

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      (append (list
        ;; blog articles
        (cons "blog-org"  (append '(:base-directory
"~/a/railsonmaui-octopress/source/org_posts/"
                                                 :base-extension "org"
                                                 :publishing-directory
"~/a/railsonmaui-octopress/source/_posts/")
                               my-common-octopress-settings))
        (cons "blog-extra" '(:base-directory
"~/a/railsonmaui-octopress/source/org_posts/"
                                         :publishing-directory
"~/a/railsonmaui-octopress/source/"
                                         :base-extension
"css\\|pdf\\|png\\|jpg\\|gif\\|svg"
                                         :publishing-function
org-publish-attachment
                                         :recursive t
                                         :author nil
                                         ))
        ;; all together
        (cons "blog" '(:components ("blog-org" "blog-extra about meta
tips")))
        )
        (mapcar '(lambda (prj)
                        (my-create-octopress-static prj my-base-directory))
        my-static-directories)
      ))

ORIGINAL
(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(
        ("blog-org" .  (:base-directory "~/a/octopress/source/org_posts/"
                                        :base-extension "org"
                                        :publishing-directory
"~/a/octopress/source/_posts/"
                                        :table-of-contents nil
                                        :sub-superscript nil
                                        :recursive t
                                        :publishing-function
org-publish-org-to-octopress
                                        :headline-levels 4
                                        :html-extension "markdown"
                                        :octopress-extension "markdown"
                                        :body-only t))
        ("blog-extra" . (:base-directory "~/a/octopress/source/org_posts/"
                                         :publishing-directory
"~/a/octopress/source/"
                                         :base-extension
"css\\|pdf\\|png\\|jpg\\|gif\\|svg"
                                         :publishing-function
org-publish-attachment
                                         :recursive t
                                         :author nil
                                         ))
        ("about" .  (:base-directory "~/a/octopress/source/about/"
                                        :base-extension "org"
                                        :publishing-directory
"~/a/octopress/source/about/"
                                        :sub-superscript nil
                                        :table-of-contents nil
                                        :recursive t
                                        :publishing-function
org-publish-org-to-octopress
                                        :headline-levels 4
                                        :html-extension "markdown"
                                        :octopress-extension "markdown"
                                        :body-only t))
        ("meta" .  (:base-directory "~/a/octopress/source/meta/"
                                        :base-extension "org"
                                        :publishing-directory
"~/a/octopress/source/meta/"
                                        :sub-superscript nil
                                        :table-of-contents nil
                                        :recursive t
                                        :publishing-function
org-publish-org-to-octopress
                                        :headline-levels 4
                                        :html-extension "markdown"
                                        :octopress-extension "markdown"
                                        :body-only t))
        ("tips" .  (:base-directory "~/a/octopress/source/tips/"
                                        :base-extension "org"
                                        :publishing-directory
"~/a/octopress/source/tips/"

--
Justin Gordon | 808-877-6461 | m: 808-281-7272
www.railsonmaui.com | twitter: @railsonmaui<https://twitter.com/railsonmaui>
Blog<https://www.facebook.com/SugarRanch>