* Custom image link types in LaTeX
@ 2020-02-13 17:47 solomon theNinja
From: solomon theNinja @ 2020-02-13 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

There does not currently exist a (pretty, without huge advices) way to
create a custom link type, with a special export function, that would be
handled as an image on LaTeX exports.
By contrast, in HTML exports is possible by adding your custom link to
`org-html-inline-image-rules` - but in LaTeX, a link must either be custom
or image, and the figure-wrapping function `org-latex--inline-image`
doesn't handle custom links; its not possible without modifying these
functions
Is this the intended behavior? If so, why?

I'll be happy to implement exporting custom image links myself, given time,
if that's the issue.

- If it was not clear, in "custom links" I'm referring to links defined
with `org-link-set-parameters` that have a special export behavior.

* Re: Custom image link types in LaTeX
@ 2020-02-14 10:02 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-14 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: solomon theNinja; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Solomon,

solomon theNinja <solomontheninja@gmail.com> writes:

> I'll be happy to implement exporting custom image links myself, given
> time, if that's the issue.

Sure, please go ahead!  If your change is more than 15 lines or so,
you might need to sign the FSF copyright assignment:

https://orgmode.org/request-assign-future.txt

> - If it was not clear, in "custom links" I'm referring to links
> defined with `org-link-set-parameters` that have a special export
> behavior.

Yes, that's what they are for.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Custom image link types in LaTeX
@ 2020-02-14 17:17   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-02-14 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: solomon theNinja, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> solomon theNinja <solomontheninja@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'll be happy to implement exporting custom image links myself, given
>> time, if that's the issue.
>
> Sure, please go ahead!  If your change is more than 15 lines or so,
> you might need to sign the FSF copyright assignment:
>
> https://orgmode.org/request-assign-future.txt
>
>> - If it was not clear, in "custom links" I'm referring to links
>> defined with `org-link-set-parameters` that have a special export
>> behavior.
>
> Yes, that's what they are for.

Note that I need to slightly improve the tooling in "ol.el", so
I suggest to wait for these changes, as it might make this feature
trivial.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Custom image link types in LaTeX
@ 2020-02-14 19:18     ` solomon theNinja
From: solomon theNinja @ 2020-02-14 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, solomon theNinja, emacs-orgmode

Alright, I'll wait. Meanwhile I have a few crude advises in my config that
allow some functionality, so no hurry :)

@ 2020-02-14 20:13       ` solomon theNinja
From: solomon theNinja @ 2020-02-14 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, solomon theNinja, emacs-orgmode