* Local subtree view
@ 2012-06-03  1:05 Rebel Neurofog
From: Rebel Neurofog @ 2012-06-03  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, guys!

I'm finally beginning to integrate Org mode into my way of thinking.
But one thing really bothers me: local subtree view.

The closest thing I'd like to have is (org-tree-to-indirect-buffer),
but, first, there's a bug in it (I use Emacs 23.4.2 - latest official):
- When I edit the last empty line in indirect buffer, the new text
gets into next entry (inside original buffer) like this:
** TODO Go shoping
Some new text** TODO Finish Line Edit widget
- When I edit the last entry (non-empty line) in indirect buffer, the
new text is inserted into original buffer
right after ... of unexpanded branch like this:
* TODO Things to do today...New text which should be inside

Second, I'd rather edit selected subtree in local mode and then

Is there such function (did I miss it)?
If not then what do you think about the proposition?

* Re: Local subtree view
@ 2012-06-10 12:32 ` Sacha Chua
From: Sacha Chua @ 2012-06-10 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rebel Neurofog <rebelneurofog@gmail.com> writes:

Hello, Rebel!

> I'm finally beginning to integrate Org mode into my way of thinking.
> But one thing really bothers me: local subtree view.
> The closest thing I'd like to have is (org-tree-to-indirect-buffer),
> Second, I'd rather edit selected subtree in local mode and then

Have you considered M-x org-narrow-to-subtree? You can use M-x widen to
get back to the full view.

Sacha Chua