Ah, now the problem appears. It says "No such language mode: mathematica-mode". So there is a mismatch between the name mathematica (which I used as name in org-babel extension) and the name mma-mode (which is provided by mma.el). However, as auto-mode-alist suggests (where there is ("\\.m\\'" . mma-mode), and no entry with mathematica-mode), I still have no idea why org-edit-special looks for mathematica-mode instead of mma-mode. On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Bastien wrote: > Yi Wang writes: > > > (1) If I open a .m file, there is font lock. Thus the problem > > shouldn't be binding between mma.el and .m files. > > (2) If I insert a src block of C or python code in org mode, there is > > font lock. Thus the problem shouldn't be org-src-fontify-natively > > (and I checked it is indeed t). > > What happen if you C-c ' on a .m block? > > -- > Bastien >