Greetings, On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 5:33 PM Texas Cyberthal wrote: > No, that isn't what I'm saying. I'm quite happy with Emacs, especially > Spacemacs. However, I had a much harder adoption experience than > necessary, and I find that the barriers to entry are preventing > normie-noobs from choosing Org as a PIM. So I intend to fix that. > I'm not sure this is on-topic, but... what about creating a separate tutorial just org-mode? The possibilities seem endless but, for example, this could * provide instruction for different primary use cases (for me: note-taking, prose, agenda, habit, babel, and literature) * mention especially important customizations for the given usage * offer "express setup" buttons to instantly apply settings from a sample configuration. Finally, this could be added into the Emacs splash-screen alongside the general tutorial. I like the idea of promoting org-mode to people using Emacs for the first time and I like the idea of sensible defaults, especially that reduce frustrations for users new to the GNU tool-chain That said, org-mode is lots of things to lots of people, even notwithstanding the reticence to break things for people who've had them working the way the like for decades. I think this is fundamentally an education problem. But even if that's wrong, I think we should look closely at education as a solution. -- *Corwin* 612-217-1742 612-298-0615 (fax) 612-695-4276 (mobile) *corwin.brust (skype)corwin@bru.st *