* org-capture: keeping window visible during date entry
@ 2012-06-14  9:03 Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2012-06-14  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I recently switched from remember to org's new capture facility which
seems to work fine.  However, an issue I already had with remember is
still bothering me, perhaps someone knows a good solution:

I often call org-capture from within a buffer containing some relevant
context, for example an e-mail message displayed by gnus.  The emacs
window created by org-capture that allows to choose a template is
created below the two Gnus windows showing the group and the message.
My org-capture templates require entering a date.  During the subsequent
date entry, the gnus windows are not visible anymore (I only see the
nascent buffer with the entry to be captured and a window showing the
emacs calendar).  This is impractical, because the e-mail message often
contains the very date I would like to enter.

How to ensure that the buffer which was active when org-capture was
executed remains visible during date entry?

Thanks,
Christoph