From: Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>
To: TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Culling org files (notion of Types, many small vs few big files)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 13:51:10 -0700	[thread overview]

the closest thing i have to types is merely this

- some files go in org-agenda-files, by basename pattern
- some to text search extra files, pattern, don't need the tses
- some to neither, no pattern [blog.org]
- some get put manually in refile targets

which has no real connection to either ontology [like hvac], or
types/purposes/statuses [like your project type] as you have.

it is merely what things i need in ts agenda vs. search agenda view.

to me the outline is a forest with the tree problem [i.e. the fact
that we want graphs not trees] kludged using id links and searching.
files are major categories.  too many and i get confused what is
where.  tree structure is by ontology, not types.

i think my agenda views therefore wouldn't be any less cluttered or
confusing if i had more files or shallower trees.  [assuming i set
category property which i do.]  so that is why i was confused by your
comment.

i find that the more complex a system i develop, the more i regret it
later because i can't just reverse it, i can't do maintenance at
anything close to a sufficient rate, and i get confused.

the ts comment i made is merely that i do like "***** LOG [2021-03-05
Fri 13:44] hi" usefully.  not sure if relevant.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html