* Switching over from package org-radiobutton to native support
@ 2022-11-26 23:27 Terje Larsen
From: Terje Larsen @ 2022-11-26 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

So I found out that there is now native support for radio-button style
selects and I have tested it and it seems to work well.

However I am missing a function similar to `org-radiobutton-value`:
https://github.com/Fuco1/org-radiobutton/blob/master/org-radiobutton.el#L111-L121

That will return the value of the currently selected checkbox by the
attached name.

So for example:

#+ATTR_ORG: :radio t
#+NAME: named_radio_value
- [ ] Value A
- [X] Value B
- [ ] Value C

Would return `Value B` for `named_radio_value`. This is useful when
creating interfaces in Org Mode and acting on those.

I know it is possible via a mouthful of lisp. But it would be nice if it
was natively supported. It would also be nice if this also worked for
normal lists, e.g. having the possibility to easily extract all selected
values.

What do you think? Is something like this already implemented, but I missed
it?

Best regards,
Terje Larsen

* Re: Switching over from package org-radiobutton to native support
@ 2022-12-12 14:17 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-12-12 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Terje Larsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Terje Larsen <terlar@gmail.com> writes:

> However I am missing a function similar to `org-radiobutton-value`:
> https://github.com/Fuco1/org-radiobutton/blob/master/org-radiobutton.el#L111-L121
> I know it is possible via a mouthful of lisp. But it would be nice if it
> was natively supported. It would also be nice if this also worked for
> normal lists, e.g. having the possibility to easily extract all selected
> values.
>
> What do you think? Is something like this already implemented, but I missed
> it?

Check out `org-list-struct'.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Switching over from package org-radiobutton to native support
@ 2022-12-13  0:11 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2022-12-13  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Terje Larsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

not sure what you mean by return.

org core code for a while now has included a minor mode for radio
buttons.  i think, however, #+ syntax and no mode is better if it
means that you can do it per list or per sublist.

that can also be used for other list features, such as ensuring bullet
style cnsistency or so.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com