* export select tag behavior and documentation
@ 2020-11-01  3:59 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-11-01  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[2020-10-31 Sat 20:59]  =x

bug
===

  9.4 maint docstring

  === org-export-select-tags is a variable defined in
  ‘ox.el’.

    1) does this take into account subtree export, region
       export, and narrowed buffers?  if so, perhaps the
       docstring should change.

       my expectation is that just having :export: in a huge
       buffer should not affect exporting a tiny part of it.
       by the principle of least surprise.

       it is sorta surprising enough that something buried
       in a subtree can affect the whole export of that
       subtree.  :)

    2) org-export-with-tasks set to

       - nil will not export a task subtree regardless of
         :export: tag underneath
       - t will export regardless

       thus basically overriding the export tag feature with
       the export with tasks feature.  is that intended?  i
       can see that it could be the best choice, but could
       also see it being useful to use the export tag even
       with tasks.

       i wonder when was the last time there was a change to
       this variable or its behavior?  i suspect there might
       have been a change, at least wrt top level todo kw
       stopping export, but i don't know.

* Re: export select tag behavior and documentation
@ 2020-11-01  4:16 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-11-01  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

huh, in exporting the email, i found a possible export bug.

here is the original.  please reply to this one.

notice that a whole paragraph got deleted in the previous email.  that
is the exported version.  dunno why.

9.4 maint docstring

===
org-export-select-tags is a variable defined in ‘ox.el’.

If any such tag is found in a buffer, all trees that do not carry
one of these tags will be ignored during export.
===

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.