* nbsp as blank
@ 2021-10-19 23:54 Alexandre Garreau
From: Alexandre Garreau @ 2021-10-19 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode Org-Mode

Hello,

nbsp (non-breaking space, #xA0) is not recognized as blank in org-mode,
such that “*text* :” (it’s a nbsp here) doesn’t recognize as emphasized…

I recall a variable containing such characters but can’t find it again,
does anyone know? the manual seems large and that looks non-obvious to find
quickly…

* Re: nbsp as blank
@ 2021-10-20  0:10 ` Mike Gauland
From: Mike Gauland @ 2021-10-20  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 20/10/21 12:54 pm, Alexandre Garreau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> nbsp (non-breaking space, #xA0) is not recognized as blank in org-mode,
> such that “*text* :” (it’s a nbsp here) doesn’t recognize as emphasized…
>
> I recall a variable containing such characters but can’t find it again,
> does anyone know? the manual seems large and that looks non-obvious to find
> quickly…

I've been using "INVISIBLE SEPARATOR", and invoke:

   (modify-syntax-entry ?⁣ " ")

(there's a invisible separator after the "?"), which tells emacs to
consider that character to be whitespace.

I know there is a (possibly more than one) variable defining regular
what can appear immediately before and after emphasis and other markers,
but I've never puzzled out how to get them to include invisible characters.

I generally use this technique for combining markup, or making a
marked-up name plural (e.g., ~object name~s).

* Re: nbsp as blank
@ 2021-10-20  1:42 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2021-10-20  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Garreau; +Cc: Org-mode Org-Mode

there exists org-emphasis-regexp-components, fwiw.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html

* Re: nbsp as blank
@ 2021-10-20  8:08   ` Alexandre Garreau
From: Alexandre Garreau @ 2021-10-20  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Le mercredi 20 octobre 2021, 03:42:08 CEST Samuel Wales a écrit :
> there exists org-emphasis-regexp-components, fwiw.

oh thanks that’s it!

but adding “ ” to its two first elements doesn’t seem to work… and it’s not
anymore a defcustom… does it make it lexically binded so that I have to
redefine it somewhere else than at prompt or in init.el?