* [HTML] region export exports footnotes title
@ 2013-02-27 19:47 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-02-27 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

<h1 class="title">Footnotes</h1>

Footnotes is not the correct title.

Also, I'd like to not have a title for subtree and region export, in
case it interferes with the title in the Blogger template.

Thanks.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is no hope without action.

* Re: [HTML] region export exports footnotes title
@ 2013-02-27 20:01 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-02-27 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> <h1 class="title">Footnotes</h1>
>
> Footnotes is not the correct title.

I don't understand. Could you elaborate?

> Also, I'd like to not have a title for subtree and region export, in
> case it interferes with the title in the Blogger template.

Do you mean that title shouldn't appear when exporting to body only?
I don't mind changing it. But where to put it? In the preamble? I'm not
sure it's a good location for it.

You can also use a filter (`org-export-filter-final-output-functions')
and remove the line matching "<h1>...</h1>".

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [HTML] region export exports footnotes title
@ 2013-02-27 20:41   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-02-27 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2/27/13, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> <h1 class="title">Footnotes</h1>
>>
>> Footnotes is not the correct title.
>
> I don't understand. Could you elaborate?

It literally exported that as the title.  The document source did not
have that headline anywhere.  It might or might not be related to the
inline footnote fix.

>> Also, I'd like to not have a title for subtree and region export, in
>> case it interferes with the title in the Blogger template.
>
> Do you mean that title shouldn't appear when exporting to body only?

Yes.

> I don't mind changing it. But where to put it? In the preamble? I'm not
> sure it's a good location for it.

The title shouldn't appear anywhere, because the object is to export
HTML for Blogger.

It did not appear in the old exporter.

@ 2013-02-27 21:02     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-02-27 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On 2/27/13, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> <h1 class="title">Footnotes</h1>
>>>
>>> Footnotes is not the correct title.
>>
>> I don't understand. Could you elaborate?
>
> It literally exported that as the title.  The document source did not
> have that headline anywhere.  It might or might not be related to the
> inline footnote fix.

It would help to see the document (or a simplified form).

>> I don't mind changing it. But where to put it? In the preamble? I'm not
>> sure it's a good location for it.
>
> The title shouldn't appear anywhere, because the object is to export
> HTML for Blogger.

I understand that it shouldn't appear anywhere when exporting body only.
But where should it go when not exporting body only? Where to put it
outside of body?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [HTML] region export exports footnotes title
@ 2013-02-27 21:45       ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-02-27 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2/27/13, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that it shouldn't appear anywhere when exporting body only.
> But where should it go when not exporting body only? Where to put it
> outside of body?

I don't know HTML well enough to know.

The purpose (in all of my use cases at least) is to output a
well-formed fragment of HTML for embedding in web pages.  Perhaps my
use case is not the only one for body-only?

@ 2013-02-28  7:59         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-02-28  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On 2/27/13, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I understand that it shouldn't appear anywhere when exporting body only.
>> But where should it go when not exporting body only? Where to put it
>> outside of body?
>
> I don't know HTML well enough to know.
>
> The purpose (in all of my use cases at least) is to output a
> well-formed fragment of HTML for embedding in web pages.  Perhaps my
> use case is not the only one for body-only?

I understand your concern. I'm not sure about how to fix it.

Anyway, I've moved title out of inner template, which means it shouldn't
appear anymore in body-only export.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [HTML] region export exports footnotes title
@ 2013-02-28 18:01           ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-02-28 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2/28/13, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I've moved title out of inner template, which means it shouldn't
> appear anymore in body-only export.

Thank you.