* Please regenerate the refile cache with `C-0 C-c C-w'
@ 2013-05-28 21:28 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-05-28 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This might not be reproducible as all I can do is give general information.

I am getting "Please regenerate the refile cache with `C-0 C-c C-w'"
quite a lot recently.  Git master.

I use the refile cache and I also do restricted refile to :refile: and
I use a verify function.

I use magit.el.

I know a long time ago, somebody made a change to magit to update the
mode line with vc information, and that caused reverting of the
buffer.  That was reverted because it was slow and breaking things.  I
hope that hasn't returned?

All I can really report is that I get that error frequently now.

Thanks.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

* Re: Please regenerate the refile cache with `C-0 C-c C-w'
@ 2013-06-01  5:50 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-06-01  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samuel,

could you go back to a much older Org version, like release_7.9.4 and check if this is still happening?  It would be an indication if it has to do with Org, or with something external like magit.

- Carsten

@ 2013-06-17  8:06   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-06-17  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

On 5/31/13, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
> could you go back to a much older Org version, like release_7.9.4 and check
> if this is still happening?  It would be an indication if it has to do with
> Org, or with something external like magit.

I have not been able to do this much because I rely on 8.x now (and it
does not happen all the time, so I would have to use it for a while).

However, it occurs even when I never use magit in the Emacs session.

So it is definitely not magit.

Lately it keeps displaying that message, and then doing normal refile.