* feature proposal: export to html headless
@ 2022-06-26 12:10 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-26 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Some time ago I asked whether it would be possible to have a simplified
html export function (basically I need it to insert it in certain moodle
forms)

I was pointed out to me by the author/maintainer of org-mode that the
following would do the trick

(defun my-org-export-to-html ()
  (interactive)
  (org-html-export-to-html nil nil t t))

So the question is could that be added to the export-dispach menu
as HTML headless, I propose to use the letter L as in headLess.

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.

* Re: feature proposal: export to html headless
@ 2022-06-27  0:52 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2022-06-27  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

this isn't an answer for you, but it might be useful for a reader for
reference or so.  for exporting org subtrees to things like textboxes
on the web that accept simplified html, my own command has this at the
core:

       (org-export-to-buffer format ; e.g. 'html
                             buf
                             ;; async
                             nil
                             'subtree
                             ;; visible-only
                             nil
                             'body-only)))

for many years i have used the surrounding command to create html for
my blogger blog, to update or post a new post.

[it isn't an answer for you because you want it in the menu.  others
will field that.  and it's similar to your code.]

On 6/26/22, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Some time ago I asked whether it would be possible to have a simplified
> html export function (basically I need it to insert it in certain moodle
> forms)
>

> I was pointed out to me by the author/maintainer of org-mode that the
> following would do the trick
>
> (defun my-org-export-to-html ()
>   (interactive)
>   (org-html-export-to-html nil nil t t))
>

> So the question is could that be added to the export-dispach menu
> as HTML headless, I propose to use the letter L as in headLess.
>
> Regards
>
> Uwe Brauer
>
> --
> I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
> I support to deliver weapons to Ukraine's military.
> I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
> I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com

* Re: feature proposal: export to html headless
@ 2022-06-27 12:11   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-27 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "SW" == Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:

> [it isn't an answer for you because you want it in the menu.  others
> will field that.  and it's similar to your code.]

Right, I hope somebody does, because it looks rather complicated when I
look for it in ox.el

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: feature proposal: export to html headless
@ 2022-06-27 16:11     ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2022-06-27 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 27/06/2022 19:11, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> [it isn't an answer for you because you want it in the menu.  others
>> will field that.  and it's similar to your code.]
>
> Right, I hope somebody does, because it looks rather complicated when
> I look for it in ox.el

Isn't the following entry of the export menu is what you are asking for?
I am unsure however if "headless" in your request is the same as
"body-only" in the Org code.

[C-b] Body only:    Off           [C-v] Visible only:     Off
[C-s] Export scope: Buffer        [C-f] Force publishing: Off
[C-a] Async export: Off

* Re: feature proposal: export to html headless
@ 2022-06-28  6:59       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-28  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode