* how to indent plain lists in ASCII
@ 2013-02-10  5:23 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-02-10  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The old exporter indented plain lists.

This does not seem to fix it:

      (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-plain-list-functions
       (lambda (plain-list back-end &rest _rest)
         (if (eq back-end 'ascii)
             (replace-regexp-in-string "^" "  " plain-list)
           plain-list))))))

I don't know what a communication channel is in a filter function, however.

Thanks.

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is no hope without action.

* Re: how to indent plain lists in ASCII
@ 2013-02-10  8:49 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-02-10  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> The old exporter indented plain lists.
>
> This does not seem to fix it:
>
>       (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-plain-list-functions
>        (lambda (plain-list back-end &rest _rest)
>          (if (eq back-end 'ascii)
>              (replace-regexp-in-string "^" "  " plain-list)
>            plain-list))))))

I don't know exactly what you mean by "indented plain lists", but your
code, or the following, definitely indents items.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-plain-list-functions
             (lambda (plain-list back-end &rest _rest)
               (when (org-export-derived-backend-p back-end 'ascii)
                 (replace-regexp-in-string "^" "  " plain-list))))
#+end_src

> I don't know what a communication channel is in a filter function,
> however.

The same as in transcoding functions. This is all explained in details
within ox.el.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: how to indent plain lists in ASCII
@ 2013-02-12 19:01   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-02-12 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I think I got this to work now.  Thanks.  I had had code to work
around something else.