Yes, it was under column mode. I tried in vain to make a small example but my emacs-fu is not strong enough. Attached is what I started to do... Jay On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Jay, > > Jay McCarthy writes: > >> I recently upgraded from emacs23 to emacs24, using the current git >> version of org-mode with both (current = e4c4d85). I am now >> experiencing something odd. >> >> If I open up the org-agenda to see my TODOs, the node titles are >> colored one way (red for late, gray for future, etc). I have this >> color setup using the org-agenda-before-sorting-filter-function >> variable, it basically looks at the deadline time and then calls >> put-text-property to give the text a new 'face property. You can see >> the code here: >> >> https://github.com/jeapostrophe/exp/blob/master/.emacs.el#L627 (it >> goes to about line 736) >> >> This worked great in emacs23. But now with emacs24, the colors are >> only correct when I first start emacs and load the agenda the first >> time. If I ever go to visit a TODO item in the org buffer (for >> example, by pressing ) then the color of the item from the org >> buffer appears in the agenda. For example, if something is one level >> deep (*) then it becomes blue-ish, even though my filtering function >> has change the face to be red. > > I assume the above is with column-mode turned on, right? > > ... > >> If I put my cursor in the org-buffer on the item and describe its >> text-properties, then I get the face to be, for example 'org-level-6, >> but if I go to the org-agenda and put my cursor on the text, I see >> that the face is 'due (what it is supposed to be) >> >> Even stranger, if I am in the org-agenda and turn OFF column mode >> (org-columns), then I see the "correct" colors of all the items. It is >> just in column mode that I see the colors from the org buffer. >> >> I was able to fix this with the following patch: > > ... otherwise I don't see why just fixing `org-columns-new-overlay' > should fix the first situation you describe. > > I under the idea behind the patch but I'd like to make sure there is > nothing more than this. Perhaps a simple reproducible example? > > Thanks! > > -- > Bastien -- Jay McCarthy Assistant Professor / Brigham Young University http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay "The glory of God is Intelligence" - D&C 93