If there is any interest, I've created a patch adding support for a :absolute-paths functionality. As I said, I don't have much experience writing Elisp, so any suggestions on how to improve the code would be appreciated. If there is any interest in adding this feature to Org I could try to clean it up. Patch attached. On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 9:11 PM, Daniel P Gomez wrote: > Sorry for the ignorance, but where could I look up how to use a parse > tree filter? And where would these modifications make sense? > Any pointers towards documentation, functions, or any help of any kind > would be appreciated. I must say I am a bit lost. > > Thank you in advance, > > Daniel > > On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 6:51 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: >> Hello, >> >> Daniel P Gomez writes: >> >>> If I include a file child.org in parent.org using the #+INCLUDE >>> derivative, and the following two conditions are true: >>> >>> 1. child.org and parent.org are not in the same directory nor share >>> directory structure, >>> 2. child.org contains file links with relative file paths, >>> >>> then exporting parent.org will produce a file with broken links. >>> >>> Is there a way to have org sort this out? >>> >>> Or even make this optional, >>> say by using: >>> >>> #+INCLUDE: child.org :fix-paths t >>> >>> I guess the quickest (but perhaps not cleanest) way to have this >>> feature would be to convert relative paths in file links into absolute >>> paths within `org-export-expand-include-keyword`. I'm not that well >>> versed in Elisp yet to do this yet, though. >>> >>> Are there any known solutions to this, or suggestions on how to get it >>> working? >> >> As you suggest, I would use a parse tree filter that turns every >> relative file link into an absolute one. >> >> Regards, >> >> -- >> Nicolas Goaziou