* Question about org-habit and agenda views
@ 2012-08-16 14:28 Thomas Moyer
From: Thomas Moyer @ 2012-08-16 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a set of habits that I do Monday through Friday (weekdays only) and
the best suggestion I have found for this is to have 5 individual TODOs
(one for each day). This seems to work well for the most part, but I have
found one minor annoyance that I can't find a solution for.

If I don't do one of the habits on Monday, that entry will appear as
overdue until the next week on Monday when it comes around again. Is there
a way to "hide" overdue habits? I don't want to mark it as DONE, since it
wasn't even when it was late.

As an example of what I current have, here is an excerpt for one habit:

** Notes
*** TODO (M) Refile notes
SCHEDULED: <2012-08-20 Mon ++1w>
:PROPERTIES:
:STYLE: habit
:END:
*** TODO (T) Refile notes
SCHEDULED: <2012-08-21 Tue ++1w>
:PROPERTIES:
:STYLE: habit
:END:
*** TODO (W) Refile notes
SCHEDULED: <2012-08-15 Wed ++1w>
:PROPERTIES:
:STYLE: habit
:END:
*** TODO (R) Refile notes
SCHEDULED: <2012-08-16 Thu ++1w>
:PROPERTIES:
:STYLE: habit
:END:
*** TODO (F) Refile notes
SCHEDULED: <2012-08-17 Fri ++1w>
:PROPERTIES:
:STYLE: habit
:END:

So if I miss Monday, when I open my agenda on Tuesday, I currently see two
entries for Refile notes. Ideally, I would like to only see the one for
Tuesday, and then when the following Monday rolls around, I should see the
Monday entry again, with the consistency graph showing that I missed last
Monday.

Thanks for the help!

-Tom

--