* Problem evaluating gnuplot source blocks
@ 2020-03-16 10:22 Tomas Grigera
From: Tomas Grigera @ 2020-03-16 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

After upgrading org to 9.3.6-25  (Org mode version 9.3.6
(9.3.6-25-g685b2c-elpa @ /home/tomas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20200316/)  I get
the following error when trying to evaluate gnuplot source blocks:

easy-menu-convert-item-1: Invalid menu item in easymenu

I use gnuplot snippets a lot in my org-mode files, and I am clueless as how
to fix this.  Any fix / pointer / suggestion will be very appreciated.

Thank you

Tomas

* Re: Problem evaluating gnuplot source blocks
@ 2020-03-16 10:52 ` Tomas Grigera
From: Tomas Grigera @ 2020-03-16 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Update: after some digging, I found the problem is related to gnuplot.el.

As a workaround, I set gnuplot-insertions-menu-flag to nil and now
evaluation is working again.  I'm still not sure whether this is a gnuplot
mode bug or somehow related to the babel-gnuplot interface.

Tomas

@ 2020-03-16 13:17   ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2020-03-16 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomas Grigera; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Tomas,

    > Update: after some digging, I found the problem is related to
    > gnuplot.el.  As a workaround, I set gnuplot-insertions-menu-flag
    > to nil and now evaluation is working again.  I'm still not sure
    > whether this is a gnuplot mode bug or somehow related to the
    > babel-gnuplot interface.

    > Tomas

The issue doesn't appear to be related to babel-gnuplot since I had the
same problem using the gnuplot mode. No gnuplot menu items were visible
until, like you, I set gnuplot-insertions-menu-flag to nil. I use
gnuplot-mode from git, with the latest 'pull', and the change in the
variable is not documented.

Best wishes,

Colin.

--
Colin Baxter
www.Colin-Baxter.com

* Re: Problem evaluating gnuplot source blocks
@ 2020-03-16 15:53     ` Tomas Grigera
From: Tomas Grigera @ 2020-03-16 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode