From: Sacha Chua <sacha@sachachua.com>
To: Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net>
Cc: emacs list <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: An Org-based productivity tool
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:43:19 -0400	[thread overview]

Thanks for bringing me into the conversation! :) I'm sooooo far from that
sort of thing right now. Rough activity tracking by buttons and voice
shortcuts on my phone is all I can manage with a toddler around.

Marcin, I wonder if you might like to adapt some code from
sachachua.com/dotemacs for clocking into a task by taking advantage of the
org refiling system, and the idea of setting up a hydra or other shortcuts
for common tasks. The code might need to be updated, not sure. If you're
using Org and another time tracking system that might have better reports,
you might like to set up something like what I have, where I can use a
single key to clock into both Org and Quantified Awesome with a pre-defined
or prompted category.

I find time analysis useful for things like calibrating my estimates and
expectations, learning about my revealed preferences and trends over time,
and feeling more satisfied about my days/weeks/months. I liked using the
data to build on my strengths and work around my limits instead of giving
in to the temptation to use it as a harsh taskmaster. :) I wonder if
something similar might be helpful for you.

Have fun!