It's been a very long time since I generated a css stylesheet, so I can't easily bisect this issue. org-html-htmlize-generate-css used to generate a stylesheet that included styles for faces that only existed as part of export, such as .org-comment { /* font-lock-comment-face */ color: #7F9F7F; } or .org-variable-name { /* font-lock-variable-name-face */ color: #DFAF8F; } But now it seems it's just generating definitions for faces that org itself defines, rather than basically everything, just prefixed with "org-", the htmlize-css-name-prefix. Has anyone else seen this?