Hi, I have no problem. I could not reproduce the issue. I tried Persian language only. Can the problem be of your theme? Have you tried other themes? Please also try reproducing this with emacs -q (load Emacs with no configuration). Does this happen when the line exceeds a certain number of characters? Does this happen on all org heading levels? Regards, Samim Excerpts from Fr Ml's message of November 3, 2020 8:01 pm: > https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/61494/ > new-bidi-problems-with-org-mode-arabic-hebrew > > Hallo, > > Some time ago (maybe 3 months) I've noticed some problems with the bidi support > (right-to-left languages) in org-mode. > > One problem I can't reproduce: The characters have then a strange form but If I > change the text scale (larger or smaller) it becomes normal. > > The second problem I can reproduce, you can see it in the two images: > > In this image: I have the option `bidi-paragraph-direction: nil`, to get the > right direction for  Hebrew and Arabic. As you see the headline color isn't > consistently brown. The English text don't have this problem. > > [![The color of the headline changes, gets black. The direction is right to > left][1]][1] > > In this image without the option: Everything is ok: > [![Here it's ok, the direction is left to right][2]][2] > > In both examples my init file is empty. And I've tried many fonts. My org > version is 9.3 and emacs version is 27.1. > > Actually, the first problem is bigger for me but I can't reproduce it; I think > that both problems appeared a the same time. So maybe solving the second will > solve the first one too(?) > > EDIT: I can reproduce the problem with the colors also on a Windows machine > with latest version: emacs 27.1 and the included org 9.3. With the older > version: emacs 26.3 and the included org-version 9.1.7 I don't have the problem > - at least I didn't see it. > >   [1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/NVUMY.png >   [2]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/emHDx.png > > > > >