Here is the updated patch and config from my .emacs (when (and (boundp 'org-completion-handler) (require 'helm nil t)) (defun org-helm-completion-handler (prompt collection &optional predicate require-match initial-input hist def inherit-input-method) (helm-comp-read prompt collection ;; the character \ is filtered out by default ;( :fc-transformer nil :test predicate :must-match require-match :initial-input initial-input :history hist :default def)) (setq org-completion-handler 'org-helm-completion-handler)) 2014-06-17 13:01 GMT+02:00 Eric Abrahamsen : > Thorsten Jolitz writes: > > > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > > > > Hi > > > >> I just started using helm, with some ambivalence. Turning on helm mode > >> stompled all over my emacs, but for just that reason I suppose it might > >> be worth trading my ido muscle memory for helm muscle memory. > > > > helm is truly amazing and impressive, and I did not even scratch the > > surface of it, but 2 things bother me: > > > > - when using helm, I'm caught in the mini-buffer, no way to switch to > > another workgroup/buffer to look up things ... > > - helm is somehow too interactive, once done with it, the search/result > buffers > > disappear, while I would like them to stay around sometimes > > > > So not an answer to you question, but rather a related question - is > > there a way around the problems described? > > As a three-hour-old Helm user, I answer with some trepidation... I've > seen a bunch of helm-session-* stuff, and my guess is, that's what > sessions are for: leaving off helm actions, and coming back to them. I > think it's pretty clear how to come back to them, but as for the > "leaving off"... > > >