Maybe you could use some online service like Remember the Milk that offers an rss-feed for your todos, and use org-feed to pull them in to an org file. you can send emails to RTM of tasks. org-feed already handles the file duplication issue. another option might be: https://zapier.com/zapbook/email/google-tasks/ there seem to be lots of options like this. John ----------------------------------- John Kitchin Associate Professor Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Peter Davis wrote: > I've been using org-mode for a few years, but only for a few limited > purposes. I keep TODO lists for work-related stuff, and I compose blog > posts which I then export to HTML, cut from the browser and paste into > Blogger. > > Sometimes it's much quicker and easier to email myself notes on things > to do. I'd like to be able to import individual email messages, and > turn them into TODO items in one of my .org files. I use half a dozen > email clients, including mutt, which lets me easily pipe a message to > a script. I figured I could write something that would parse the > message and add a line to a .org file like: > > * TODO [[file:.org][]] > > Then it would create the .org file, insert a standard > preamble I use, and put the body of the email into that > file. ( is a filename-safe version of the message's subject > line.) > > There are one or two complications, like checking for duplicate file > names, etc., but on the whole, it seems pretty straightforward. I > could do this in Perl relatively quickly. I'm not an elisp guy, but I > imagine there would be a way to pipe the message to emacsclient (or a > temp file) and do it with a macro. > > Does something like this already exist? Or is there an easier way? > > Thanks very much! > > -pd > > > -- > ---- > Peter Davis > The Tech Curmudgeon > www.techcurmudgeon.com > >