* IDs w/ human friendly component
@ 2014-02-01 19:39 Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2014-02-01 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

I've never cared that the ID field was not human friendly.

But I've just learned about the Estimate Table where you can see
your estimates and actual clock time to complete tasks. If you want
to see the estimates for the current tree, you need to know the ID,
which is not human friendly.

It seems like with IDO mode, the first few characters or words of
the title, stripped of whitespace, could be pre- or ap- pended onto
the ID, and then it would be easy to select IDs. If this were how
IDs were created, would this break some other features? Do others
see this as a good or bad thing? Or is there some other way to tell
the Estimate Table to work on the local tree.

Cheers,

   -k.

* Re: IDs w/ human friendly component
@ 2014-02-02  6:47 ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2014-02-02  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org-mode

  Have you tried changing the strange ID to the ID that you want? (e.g. 7f3b531b-f1c9-41aa-854b-37235500495f → introduction). They should be unique.
  I use my manually written IDs for some important headers which I want to detect from outside org.
  In addition there's CUSTOM_ID, but I think that's the id="…" you want in HTML exports.

El Sat, 1 Feb 2014 14:39:15 -0500 (EST) Ken Mankoff va escriure:

@ 2014-02-02 17:10   ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2014-02-02 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Clemente; +Cc: Org-mode

Yes that is a fairly simple and obvious solution.

   -k.

@ 2014-02-02 17:47     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2014-02-02 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Org-mode