I guess this could be related to the dialect of the bibtex file. If it is BibTeX, then org-cite-basic--parse-bibtex finds conference and masterthesis for me, and probably anything defined in bibtex-entry-alist. Things that are not in that list would probably be ignored. This is outsourced to bibtex.el. #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (mapcar 'car bibtex-entry-alist) #+END_SRC #+RESULTS: | Article | InProceedings | Conference | InCollection | InBook | Proceedings | Book | Booklet | PhdThesis | MastersThesis | TechReport | Manual | Unpublished | Misc | if the file has a biblatex dialect then these are the entries that can be parsed. #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (mapcar 'car bibtex-biblatex-entry-alist) #+END_SRC #+RESULTS: | Article | Book | MVBook | InBook | BookInBook | SuppBook | Booklet | Collection | MVCollection | InCollection | SuppCollection | Dataset | Manual | Misc | Online | Patent | Periodical | SuppPeriodical | Proceedings | MVProceedings | InProceedings | Reference | MVReference | InReference | Report | Software | Thesis | Unpublished | If you open your bibtex file and type C-h v bibtex-dialect, or check that in the Entry-Types menu you can see what the dialect is. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his) Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 7:10 AM Eric S Fraga wrote: > On Friday, 8 Apr 2022 at 00:44, Olaf Trygve Berglihn wrote: > > When using the @techreport, @mastersthesis, @phdthesis, and @conference > org-cite > > fails to find the entry. Export to some formats fails due to this. > > I have tried this and it is true that org cite fails but only for > mastersthesis and conference, in my case, with org up to date as of a > few minutes ago. > > According to https://www.bibtex.com/e/entry-types/, conference as a type > was only included for compatibility with Scribe (as either proceedings > or inproceedings do the job) but the others are definitely in the list > and should be supported, I guess. > > -- > : Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.2-426-gf6813d in Emacs 29.0.50 > >