I implemented some of this partially. I made it so you can specify the default cite link in a user variable, with a default of cite. When you type C-c ], this format will automatically be used. If you want to choose another format, type C-u C-c ] which will prompt you for a type, and then use the reftex-citation command to complete it. I added most of the citation types I know of to this. Most of those will not work with completion. I did make the cite link completion function use the default link type, so that it will at least do what you want. I might add completion functions for all the link types, it is just a lot of cut and pasting. and I do not use that much. I just wanted to see if I could do it ;) I also added addbibresource as a link type, and updated org-ref to be able to use that instead of bibliography. Thanks for the ideas! John ----------------------------------- John Kitchin Associate Professor Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > On Thursday, 1 May 2014 at 08:47, John Kitchin wrote: > > [...] > > Hi John, > > thanks for your quick response! > > > an alternative would be to use a prefix command that gave you an option > to > > change the cite format, similar to the minibuffer menu for cite links. I > > have not written much prefix code before, but I will try that out. > > This would be good, with many a way of stating the default one would > like? For instance, for grant proposals, I often use autocite in > biblatex for generating citations as footnotes whereas for research > papers I use cite most often. > > > In the end, the link definitions can be as short as this: > > > > #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle org-ref.el > > (org-add-link-type > > "cite" > > 'org-ref-cite-onclick-minibuffer-menu > > 'org-ref-cite-link-format) > > #+END_SRC > > My comment was not so much the definitions you used but that you were > overwriting those that I had already defined. Your definitions were > arguably better than mine so maybe I was being a bit picky here... :) > > > I wrote this for my research group to use, and eventually the links have > to > > be defined somewhere. I am not sure what the best place would be. It is > an > > interesting issue of reproducibility though. Two people with different > link > > definitions would get different results. > > Yes, this is true but there is so much that can be customised in org > that you will never have reproducibility at this level (e.g. handling of > latex snippets, code listings, even latex classes). I would leave > something like this to a separate set of code that is not part of > org-ref. > > > It should be easy enough to make an addbibresource link that does the > same > > thing as the bibliography link. And maybe to modify the find-bibliography > > code to check for that too. I have never used biblatex though, so I dont > > have any experience with it. > > I have only started using biblatex recently, and that was because I > wanted to use autocite. The only change I had to make was \bibliography > to \addbibresource. I still use the same bibtex files. Of course, > others may be making more effective use of biblatex... > > >>> 4. The customisation interface for org-ref-default-bibliography should > be > >>> list aware... > >> > > I think I fixed this. > > Thanks! > -- > : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-923-g233c11 >