You can also use drawers (as an alternative to inline tasks) for collapsible content. Another potential is to use blocks. You can define your own kind of blocks, or even just use an org block and it is collapsible. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his) Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 4:22 PM Robert Nikander wrote: > Max Nikulin wrote: > > Have you seen the following and links therein? > > https://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#closing-outline-sections > > No, I hadn't found that. Thanks. Those links answer my question. > > Juan Manuel Macías wrote: > > It is an interesting question; however, I would say that this is not a > > useful or realistic structure. Regardless of the Org trees/subtrees and > > their folding ability (indicating that each thing is at a certain > > level), I think that a content will be more useful and intelligible if > > […] > > I see your point. > > Maybe it depends on how you use org-mode and how you imagine the meaning > of the "*" items. I see some disagreement about this in the old threads > that Max linked to. No need to rehash it deeply here again; I was just > curious. > > The way I'm using org-mode so far, I'm not exporting to other formats, and > I can see a use for collapsible sections in the middle of a larger chunk of > text. I can already kind of do it with a "-" list item, like this. (Or > other things like code blocks, etc) > > * Heading > Top Text > Top Text > - Sub > This can be hidden if I hit 'tab' key on "Sub". > More Top Text > More Top Text > > If you view a "*" item as "book section", it's confusing. But if you view > a "*" item as "collapsible thing", then it makes more sense. > > > >