I wasn't able to reproduce that issue, for me the target just doesn't show up. you can lightly redefine the behavior of the export functions like this: #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (cl-letf (((symbol-function 'org-odt-target) (lambda (target contents info) (org-element-property :value target)))) (let ((hfy-user-sheet-assoc nil)) (org-open-file-with-system (org-export-to-file 'odt "test4.odt")))) #+END_SRC you could also use around advices for this. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 12:43 PM Fraga, Eric wrote: > Hello all, > > I need to share a document I have been writing in org which I would > normally export to PDF (via LaTeX, and which works very well). To > share, I am exporting to ODT. In general, the export is good enough for > my collaborator to make changes to the text (with track changes enabled > in whatever word processor he uses). The exception is that links to > radio targets get exported to look like > > "some text OrgXref.org7b3090d more text" > > where the Orgxxx is where I expected the text which would link to the > radio target. I hope I am making sense... > > Is there an easy way to tell org to simply output the radio link text? > > I have written an export filter to remove the extraneous XML stuff > around the text but this seems like overkill so I wonder if I missed > something simple. No worries if not! > > Many thanks. > > PS - radio targets are brilliant for long documents without needing to > create a full index. > -- > Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-379-g1b74ae >