From: John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: jamshark70@dewdrop-world.net
Cc: "Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Extract source code /with/ captions
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 12:19:28 -0500	[thread overview]

I think I have done something like that before. What I did was make it so
each code block would be written out to a file, e.g.
course-notes/script-%d.py and a link would be put in the exported pdf right
after that block. I do not know how you could get the captions though.

In the header I have this:
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newcommand{\LaunchBinary}[2]{%
#+LATEX_HEADER:   % #1: layer name,
#+LATEX_HEADER:   % #2: link text
#+LATEX_HEADER:   \leavevmode%
#+LATEX_HEADER:   \pdfstartlink  attr{/C [0.9 0 0] /Border [0 0 2]} user {
#+LATEX_HEADER:     /Subtype /Link
#+LATEX_HEADER:     /A <<
#+LATEX_HEADER:       /F <<
#+LATEX_HEADER:          /DOS (#1)
#+LATEX_HEADER:          /Mac (#1)
#+LATEX_HEADER:          /Unix (#1)
#+LATEX_HEADER:       >>
#+LATEX_HEADER:       /S /Launch
#+LATEX_HEADER:     >>
#+LATEX_HEADER:   } #2%
#+LATEX_HEADER:   \pdfendlink%
#+LATEX_HEADER: }

Then this code for the export. (I pasted it from my build file, so there
may be an extra parenthesis at the end)

(setq counter 0)

  (defun ox-mrkup-filter-src-block (text back-end info)
    (setq counter (+ counter 1))

    (let ((filename (format "course-notes-scripts/script-%d.py" counter)))
      (with-temp-buffer
        (insert (mapconcat 'identity (butlast (cdr (split-string text "\n"
t))) "\n"))
        (write-region (point-min) (point-max) filename))

      (format "%s

\\LaunchBinary{%s}{Open the python script (%s).}

" text filename filename)))

(let ((org-export-filter-src-block-functions '(ox-mrkup-filter-src-block)))
  (org-latex-export-to-latex async subtreep visible-only body-only
                 '(:with-author t
                                            :with-date t
                                            :with-title t
                                            :with-timestamps t