In https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/55231/org-mode-export-html-add-name-attirbute-to-checkbox-input there was a question about modifying a checkbox export. I wrote an answer using a custom translate function in a derived backend, where I could get the name of the parent list pretty easily. It seems like that should also be possible in a filter, but I don't understand how to find the parent list in that case. I think it is buried in the info. Is there a general way to get to the org-element information for something in an export filter function? John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu