That is the right thing to do I think. The only differences you should see is when the mouse pointer is over a star in a headline, it should highlight with a mouse face, and if you click on the highlighted region it should cycle the headline open and closed. Similarly, the [ ] in a checkbox should get highlighted, and if you click on it, it should toggle its state. There might also be some right click menus. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 10:05 AM Jean Louis wrote: > * John Kitchin [2019-08-14 15:53]: > > strange. It has always worked fine for me. It turns out in the long run I > > don't use it much, C-c C-c does the same thing on check boxes, and speed > > commands on headings end up being easier to use for me. YMMV of course. > > Please tell me how do you use it? How do you invoke mouse to work in > Org mode? > > I do this: > > emacs -Q > > in scratch: > > (require 'org-mouse) > > Then I open Org file, nothing I can see nor change with mouse. > > So tell me how do you do it that it works. > > Thank you, > Jean >