* clickable text in org-mode not working
@ 2012-11-12 18:42 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2012-11-12 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It appears that one cannot define "clickable" text in org-mode. I was
trying to make some text in an org-file respond to different types of
clicking. I know that links provide some functionality for this, but
out of curiosity I wanted to see what else I could do.

If I run the following code on a buffer in text-mode, the first four
characters in the buffer turn blue with a white background, they turn
a light green when the mouse is over them, and finally a message box
pops up when I click on the characters.

(let ((map (make-sparse-keymap)))
     (define-key map (kbd "<down-mouse-1>")
            '(lambda() (interactive) (message-box "it works!")))
     (add-text-properties 1 5 `(keymap, map
                                font-lock-face (:foreground "blue"
                                                :background "white")
                                mouse-face highlight)))

If I switch to org-mode, the clickability and mouse highlighting go
away. They also do not appear when I run the function in an
org-buffer.

Does anyone know if there is a feature in org-mode that turns this
off, or if there is a way to get the clickability to work? Is it
related to having links that are clickable?

Thanks,

John

John Kitchin
Associate Professor