* Preserve tabs in tangled babel output
@ 2015-03-11 13:49 Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2015-03-11 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

This code:

#+BEGIN_SRC makefile :tangle Makefile
  hello:  hello.f90
          gfortran hello.f90

  execute: hello
          ./a.out

  clean:
          rm -f a.out *.o
#+END_SRC

(stolen from John Kitchin) produces a Makefile with spaces instead of
tabs.  I created the content in makefile mode, with tabs, but emacs
untabifies the output.  How can I prevent this?

Thanks,
Roger
Org-mode 8.2.6

* Re: Preserve tabs in tangled babel output
@ 2015-03-11 14:56 ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2015-03-11 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Mason; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015, Roger Mason wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This code:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC makefile :tangle Makefile
>  hello:  hello.f90
>          gfortran hello.f90
>
>  execute: hello
>          ./a.out
>
>  clean:
>          rm -f a.out *.o
> #+END_SRC
>
> (stolen from John Kitchin) produces a Makefile with spaces instead of
> tabs.  I created the content in makefile mode, with tabs, but emacs
> untabifies the output.  How can I prevent this?

Use the `-i' results switch:

  #+BEGIN_SRC makefile -i :tangle Makefile

or set `org-src-preserve-indentation' non-nil.

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: Preserve tabs in tangled babel output
@ 2015-03-11 15:09   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-03-11 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles C. Berry; +Cc: Roger Mason, emacs-orgmode

I have org-src-preserve-indentation set to t.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: Preserve tabs in tangled babel output
@ 2015-03-11 15:28     ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2015-03-11 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: Roger Mason, emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015, John Kitchin wrote:

> I have org-src-preserve-indentation set to t.

Are you saying this does not work on your setup?

When I copy/paste Roger's source block into a buffer, issue
`(setq-local org-src-preserve-indentation t)' in the buffer, put tabs
before the indented lines (there were only spaces in the gnus
*Article..* buffer), and tangle, the tabs are seen in the output file.

Chuck

* Re: Preserve tabs in tangled babel output
@ 2015-03-11 16:05     ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2015-03-11 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thank you Charles Berry and John Kitchin for your replies.

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> I have org-src-preserve-indentation set to t.
>
> Charles C. Berry writes:
>
>> On Wed, 11 Mar 2015, Roger Mason wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This code:
>>>
>>> #+BEGIN_SRC makefile :tangle Makefile
>>>  hello:  hello.f90
>>>          gfortran hello.f90
>>>
>>>  execute: hello
>>>          ./a.out
>>>
>>>  clean:
>>>          rm -f a.out *.o
>>> #+END_SRC
>>>
>>> (stolen from John Kitchin) produces a Makefile with spaces instead of
>>> tabs.  I created the content in makefile mode, with tabs, but emacs
>>> untabifies the output.  How can I prevent this?
>>
>> Use the `-i' results switch:
>>
>>   #+BEGIN_SRC makefile -i :tangle Makefile
>>
>> or set `org-src-preserve-indentation' non-nil.

The -i switch did not work for me but setting
org-src-preserve-indentation did.

Thanks again,
Roger

* Re: Preserve tabs in tangled babel output
@ 2015-03-11 16:58       ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-03-11 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles C. Berry; +Cc: Roger Mason, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org