It sounds like you use natbib/bibtex (citet/citep are natbib commands I think). In that case, my current understanding is that these are the syntaxes for what you want, with the natbib exporter selected. [cite:@key] -> \citep{key} [cite/t:@key] -> \citet{key} But, if you use the biblatex backend, these map to [cite:@key] -> \autocite{key} [cite/t:@key] -> \textcite{key} There is not currently a way to get \citet and \citep with the biblatex backend. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his) Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 7:41 AM Vikas Rawal wrote: > I have been a long time user of org-ref and am excited to see the > development of org-cite. Thanks a lot for this, Nicholas and others > who have been working on this. I have been wanting to give it a spin > for the last few days and finally got down to doing it. > > I am aware that the documentation is still in the works and therefore > my apologies in advance if asking these questions is premature. I have > looked at Nicholas' mails which provide basic documentation and have > been trying to follow these. > > What is the equivalent here of the various citation commands that > something like biblatex or bibtex provide? The two most common citation > commands I use are citet and citep (or parencite). These are used to > produce the following kind of output using org-ref/biblatex: > > > ----- > * citet > > citet:john is an excellent resource. > > will be exported as: > > John (1990) is an excellent resource. > > * citep > > This is an excellent resource citep:john. > > will be exported as > > This is an excellent resource (John, 1990). > > ---- > > How does one achieve this using org-cite? > > I am a bit lost with the citation styles that are inbuilt in > oc-biblatex.el. Is it expected that we will have to write additional > citation styles for getting these kinds of output? > > Apologies if this is a naive or a premature question. > > Many thanks to everyone. > > Vikas > >