* source block coloring inconsistency
@ 2014-04-17  8:22 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2014-04-17  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ive struggling with source code blocks for a few days.
After not managing inline source in some cases I tried to switch to
display blocks.  Here again after trying for a couple of days I
thought I was on an org bug.

Finally I find its not a bug. However the hinting given by the
coloring of code-blocks could perhaps be improved???

Heres the example file (heavily cut down)
#+TITLE: Unicode in Python
* Introduction
Python has been making long strides in embracing unicode.
However it is arguably only half-way yet -- python programs can
/support/ unicode well however python program- /source/ is still
completely ASCII.

Well… Actually with python 3 (not 2) this is already possible
#+BEGIN_SRC python
>>> α, β, γ = 1,2,3
>>> (α, β, γ)
(1, 2, 3)
#+END_SRC
* Legend
** Math Space Advantage -- MSA

Below I will point such cases out with a 'MSA'. In some cases its
technically required to have spaces, in others its just more
aesthetic to have them.
#+BEGIN_SRC python
x in lst
#+END_SRC python
cannot be written as

#+BEGIN_SRC python
xinlst
#+END_SRC python

Some blocks export (to html) correct; some dont.
Finally traced it to the end line:
#+END_SRC python
which should be
#+END_SRC

However emacs shows the end line in red as though it recognized it.

Could the fontlock highlighter and the exporter be consistent with
respect to syntax?

IOW for a block ending as follows:
#+BEGIN_SRC python

If it is wrong it should not be colored as a block

If it is right then export should work on it as a block

Thanks
Rusi

org version: 8.2.5e
emacs version 24.3.1

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-04-17  8:22 UTC | newest]