Suvayu ali said > This made me think, although not exactly what James is expecting but > it might be possible to package a minimal Emacs distribution with the > latest stable org-mode included as an alternate download. It could > supply some skeleton files which would be used as default > customisations and extended as the user grows in lisp proficiency. > Pretty much the same as `emacs -Q -l minimal-org.el'. This could be > offered as a download on the home page for non-techie users. > +1 There is a recent question on the python mailing list http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/38017fbf4c06f5f5# A couple of us responded with '... you want org mode...' It suggests one more user-story to the list I earlier suggested: org as mini-dbms. [Traditionally spreadsheets are used for calculation as well as simply storing data]