* links and anchors
@ 2013-12-27 11:04 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2013-12-27 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Context is html export

I have a file of quotes like the following
------------------
* Declarative vs Imperative
Never tell people  how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will
surprise you with their ingenuity  \\
General G.S.Patton (1941)
-----------------
which I link from another file

Now if
1. I put the anchor <<declarative>> inside the body then the header
vanishes on following the link
2. If I write it as
* Declarative and Imperative <<declarative>>
it works well but the header looks ugly at least in org though not on export
3. Looking at the generated html I see the autogenerated sec-9 for
that para can be used.  But then Ive to keep synced with what is
auto-generated.

What do people use for this situation?

--
http://www.the-magus.in
http://blog.languager.org

* Re: links and anchors
@ 2013-12-27 11:29 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-12-27 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> Context is html export
>
> I have a file of quotes like the following
> ------------------
> * Declarative vs Imperative
> Never tell people  how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will
> surprise you with their ingenuity  \\
> General G.S.Patton (1941)
> -----------------
> which I link from another file
>
> Now if
> 1. I put the anchor <<declarative>> inside the body then the header
> vanishes on following the link
> 2. If I write it as
> * Declarative and Imperative <<declarative>>
> it works well but the header looks ugly at least in org though not on export
> 3. Looking at the generated html I see the autogenerated sec-9 for
> that para can be used.  But then Ive to keep synced with what is
> auto-generated.
>
> What do people use for this situation?

Did you try custom-id? See section 4.2 in manual.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: links and anchors
@ 2013-12-27 12:03   ` Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2013-12-27 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Context is html export
>>
>> I have a file of quotes like the following
>> ------------------
>> * Declarative vs Imperative
>> Never tell people  how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will
>> surprise you with their ingenuity  \\
>> General G.S.Patton (1941)
>> -----------------
>> which I link from another file
>>
>> Now if
>> 1. I put the anchor <<declarative>> inside the body then the header
>> vanishes on following the link
>> 2. If I write it as
>> * Declarative and Imperative <<declarative>>
>> it works well but the header looks ugly at least in org though not on export
>> 3. Looking at the generated html I see the autogenerated sec-9 for
>> that para can be used.  But then Ive to keep synced with what is
>> auto-generated.
>>
>> What do people use for this situation?
>
> Did you try custom-id? See section 4.2 in manual.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

Thanks Nicholas -- just the thing!
[And about time I started learning about properties :D ]