* odt export to google-docs problem continues
@ 2011-11-21 12:48 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-11-21 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>wrote:

> Suvayu/Rustom
>
> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi Jambunathan,
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:06, Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Can anyone else reproduce this?
> >
> > I can replicate this. The odt file exported by org-odt is not accepted
> > by google docs even though libreoffice opens it without problems.
> > However it I open it with libreoffice and say edit and save, google
> > docs then accepts the new file.
>
> With my some experimentation, I am able to reproduce it now. I have this
> in my .emacs.
>
> ,----
> | (setq org-export-odt-prettify-xml t)

Well now google docs accepts but libreoffice itself says "file is corrupt
shall I repair?"
If I take the odt file directly made by exporter direcly in googledocs
there are lots of spurious spaces eg between bullets and the first word.

If I push it through libreoffice and resave then googledocs does a better
job of displaying

* Re: odt export to google-docs problem continues
@ 2011-11-24 16:35 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-11-24 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Jambunathan K <
> kjambunathan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Suvayu/Rustom
>
>     suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
>     > Hi Jambunathan,
>     >
>     > On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:06, Jambunathan K <
>     kjambunathan@gmail.com> wrote:
>     >> Can anyone else reproduce this?
>     >
>     > I can replicate this. The odt file exported by org-odt is not
>     accepted
>     > by google docs even though libreoffice opens it without
>     problems.
>     > However it I open it with libreoffice and say edit and save,
>     google
>     > docs then accepts the new file.
>
>     With my some experimentation, I am able to reproduce it now. I
>     have this
>     in my .emacs.
>
>     ,----
>     | (setq org-export-odt-prettify-xml t)
>

> Well now google docs accepts but libreoffice itself says "file is
> corrupt shall I repair?"
> If I take the odt file directly made by exporter direcly in
> googledocs there are lots of spurious spaces eg between bullets and
> the first word.
>
> If I push it through libreoffice and resave then googledocs does a
> better job of displaying

I am not sure what the issue could be. I will have the issue in the
background for now.

The good thing is atleast a workaround is available.

Jambunathan K.