* orgmode html export - cygwin - browser
@ 2012-11-06 17:20 Jan-Mark Batke
From: Jan-Mark Batke @ 2012-11-06 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,
when exporting to html and starting a browser, I encounter the problem my
browser cannot find the file. I am using win xp and run emacs inside
cygwin. Therefore the exported path send to the browser is:

file:///cygdrive/c/path/file.html

Since the browser is running natively (outside cygwin), it expects

file:///c:/path/file.html

Is it possible to adapt the export path? Or is a cygwin browser mandatory
anyway (I would like to avoid that)?

Best

Jan-Mark

--
Jan-Mark Batke  badkey@gmx.net
FON +49 511 33 64 800

* Re: orgmode html export - cygwin - browser
@ 2012-11-11 20:53 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2012-11-11 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan-Mark Batke; +Cc: Org-Mode

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Jan-Mark Batke <badkey@gmx.net> wrote:

> Dear all,
> when exporting to html and starting a browser, I encounter the problem my
> browser cannot find the file. I am using win xp and run emacs inside
> cygwin. Therefore the exported path send to the browser is:
>
> file:///cygdrive/c/path/file.html
>
> Since the browser is running natively (outside cygwin), it expects
>
> file:///c:/path/file.html
>
> Is it possible to adapt the export path?
>

> Or is a cygwin browser mandatory anyway (I would like to avoid that)?

can you please help understand/rephrase this last line?

cheers!
--manish

* Re: orgmode html export - cygwin - browser
@ 2012-11-11 22:50   ` Jan-Mark Batke
From: Jan-Mark Batke @ 2012-11-11 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: Org-Mode

2012/11/11 Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com>

> On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Jan-Mark Batke <badkey@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> when exporting to html and starting a browser, I encounter the problem my
>> browser cannot find the file. I am using win xp and run emacs inside
>> cygwin. Therefore the exported path send to the browser is:
>>
>> file:///cygdrive/c/path/file.html
>>
>> Since the browser is running natively (outside cygwin), it expects
>>
>> file:///c:/path/file.html
>>
>> Is it possible to adapt the export path?
>>

>> Or is a cygwin browser mandatory anyway (I would like to avoid that)?
>>

> can you please help understand/rephrase this last line?

Well, a cygwin browser would expect (and understand) a file locator like
file:///cygdrive/c/file.html (I guess), whereas chrome wants to see the
same but c: instead of cygdrive/c

I am wondering if anybody here is using cygwin ...

Best

Jan-Mark

--

@ 2012-11-14 14:48     ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2012-11-14 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan-Mark Batke; +Cc: Org-Mode

  On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM, Jan-Mark Batke wrote:

  [snip (19 lines)]

  >>> Or is a cygwin browser mandatory anyway (I would like to avoid
  >>> that)?
  >>

  >> can you please help understand/rephrase this last line?
  >>

  > Well, a cygwin browser would expect (and understand) a file locator
  > like file:///cygdrive/c/file.html (I guess), whereas chrome wants to
  > see the same but c: instead of cygdrive/c
  >
  > I am wondering if anybody here is using cygwin ...

I do use Cygwin but prefer using native Emacs from
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows.

Sorry I couldn't be of help.
--Manish