On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Marcin Borkowski wrote: > Hi list, > > this is only partially Org-ode related, but I hope I'll be excused. > A friend of mine uses Scrivener; he also does some simple > JavaScript/jQuery programming and HTML/CSS editing. He *is* interested > in Emacs & Org-mode, but does not want to spend more than, say, 2 days > on installing, configuring and learning basics of E&Om. Are there any > resources which might help? I offered him some help with installing > and teaching, but what could I use? (Of course, the built-in tutorial > and Sacha Chua's sketch-tutorials are great, but what else does there > exist? I found this to be very helpful - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/tutorials/au-emacs1/index.html > Also, is prelude or Emacs Starter Kit a good idea? I > understand this is opinion-based, but maybe someone has some experience > *teaching* Emacs and Org-mode?) > > ​I recently had to start from scratch and I tried Emacs-Starter-Kit and Prelude. Prelude seemed to fit my needs much better and got me up and running pretty quickly. Thanks -Manish