* Export without code blocks
@ 2012-01-27  2:36 aaron barclay
From: aaron barclay @ 2012-01-27  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am having trouble finding the correct way to export a document without
the code blocks included. Should I be using #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS? I can't
seem to get it to work, anyone have the correct syntax?

cheers,
aaron.

* Re: Export without code blocks
@ 2012-01-27  2:55 ` Martyn Jago
From: Martyn Jago @ 2012-01-27  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Aaron

aaron barclay <aaron.diplopic@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble finding the correct way to export a document without
> the code blocks included. Should I be using #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS? I can't
> seem to get it to work, anyone have the correct syntax?
>
> cheers,
> aaron.

#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS is for defining tags (such as NO_EXPORT) to
prevent headings or sub-headings (branches) being exported. As in:

** don't export me                  :NO_EXPORT:
stuff

Possibly what you need is :exports none  or :exports results :

begin_src python :exports results
  print "result"
end_src

What format are you exporting too?

Best, Martyn

* Re: Export without code blocks
@ 2012-01-27  3:04   ` Martyn Jago
From: Martyn Jago @ 2012-01-27  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Martyn Jago <martyn.jago@btinternet.com> writes:

> Hi Aaron
>
> aaron barclay <aaron.diplopic@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having trouble finding the correct way to export a document without
>> the code blocks included. Should I be using #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS? I can't
>> seem to get it to work, anyone have the correct syntax?
>>
>> cheers,
>> aaron.
>
> #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS is for defining tags (such as NO_EXPORT) to
> prevent headings or sub-headings (branches) being exported. As in:
>
> ** don't export me                  :NO_EXPORT:
> stuff
>
> Possibly what you need is :exports none  or :exports results :
>
> begin_src python :exports results
>   print "result"
> end_src

Of course this won't work in python since it will 'print' result, but
not return it. so you also need :results output which makes, the `result'
that which is printed to STDOUT (standard out).

@ 2012-01-29 21:57     ` aaron barclay
From: aaron barclay @ 2012-01-29 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martyn Jago; +Cc: emacs-orgmode