* Problem when tangling source blocks with custom coderefs
@ 2022-01-18 22:20 Luis Osa
From: Luis Osa @ 2022-01-18 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I would like to tangle source code blocks that contain coderefs. I have
found that the coderefs are correctly filtered out from the tangled files
if they follow the default format, i.e. "(ref:%s)", but not if I try to
customize the format using the documented "-l" switch [1] to change them to
something else, e.g. "|%s|".

Here is an example:

    #+begin_src python -r -l "|%s|" :tangle example.py
    try:
        sys.exit(app.run())
    except:            |\label{line:except}\ding{182}|
        sys.exit(1)
    #+end_src

    In line \ref{line:except}, marked \ding{182}, we are catching all
exceptions ...

After using `org-babel-tangle`, I would expect `example.py` to not have any
of the text between the `||` characters, but it is there and it makes the
file invalid to run.

I have found a thread in this mail list [2] where the coderef format used
during tangle is streamlined to use the function `org-src-coderef-regexp`.
That seems to be correct, but the behavior I am seeing does not recognize
the custom format correctly. Can someone please tell me if I am doing
something wrong? Or is that function not doing what it is intended to do?

I am running Org mode version 9.6 on top of GNU Emacs 27.2.

Thank you,
  Luis

[2]
https://list.orgmode.org/CA+G3_PONzfmfB-UpUcE3jzPw5fVsbjzTeCCO4UkToa9NeUUU-w@mail.gmail.com/#R

* Re: Problem when tangling source blocks with custom coderefs
@ 2022-01-19  1:33 ` Tom Gillespie
From: Tom Gillespie @ 2022-01-19  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Osa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

Hi Luis,
   I don't think you are doing anything wrong. IIRC the portion of the
patch that allowed the customization to propagate to the tangled code
was not included. Given that I am no longer the only one who is
looking for/expecting this behavior, maybe it is worth revisiting the
decision. The simplest fix right now would be to prepend your coderef
with the python comment symbols # |hello| so that at the very least it
won't break your tangled files. I would like to see this implemented,
so let's see what Nicolas has to say. Best!
Tom

* Re: Problem when tangling source blocks with custom coderefs
@ 2022-01-19 21:00   ` Luis Osa
From: Luis Osa @ 2022-01-19 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Gillespie; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou